Thursday, February 10, 2011

Welcome To My Blog

I've started this blog for a few reasons. First, this semester I have taken on the role of Co-Editor in Chief of my college's newspaper, the St. Norbert Times. I used to write in the entertainment section of this publication, but since approving my own articles seemed like a conflict of interest, I decided I would no longer write for the paper. However this left me without an outlet to comment on that which I am most interested, pop-culture. So that's the first reason.

The second reason is, that while I enjoyed writing for the paper, I was limited to only being able to write two 500 word articles every two weeks.  This blog will let me write about whatever I want, and while it's primary focus will be popular culture (more on that in a minute).

Finally, my good friend Andrew Bray is off studying around Spain this semester and has a blog of his own regaling his reader's with his adventures in foreign lands. I figured if I'm interested in what he (and the rest of my friends who are abroad) are doing while they are away, perhaps they might be interested in what is going on over on this side of the Atlantic.

Which brings us to what I will be actually writing about in the blog. As I said its primary focus will be commenting on pop culture, specifically Movies and Television, but also music and literature. This will range from reviews, to continuing my Top 3 column  I started in the St. Norbert Times. But I will also be commenting on things outside the realm of popular culture, like current events, things that have to do with college life, and maybe just some terribly self centered entries where I just run down my day. Who knows? This blog is about the freedom to do whatever I feel like, bookmark this page and check back periodically, I don't have a real schedule for posting stuff, but hopefully a couple posts a week.

And if there's anything you want to talk about let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment