Thursday, February 24, 2011

Music Video Mayhem: Two Door Cinema Club

Welcome to my first repeat post wooo!
As I've said Music Video Mayhem comes about when I find a particularly appealing music video I'd like to share with you. This week's entry comes from a band called Two Door Cinema Club, who I had never even heard of until this morning.

They say cable doesn't play music videos anymore, but that isn't really true. They just don't play them all the time, and well, MTV doesn't really play them anymore, except to occasionally premiere something new from a popular artist after the Jersey Shore. But channels like Fuse play them quite frequently, and even VH1 does, if you know when to watch. VH1 is where I discovered this gem called What You Know from band Two Door Cinema Club this morning before class. VH1 has been doing a pretty solid job with their morning broadcasts of music videos, playing more than just the predictable standard of Top 40 hits by delving into the more obscure. Now I don't know exactly what the name of the program is, but I do know that while this video was playing there was  graphic in the the corner telling me I "ought to know" this band, and I have to agree.

This video, and song have lots of appealing elements, from the twangy guitars to the dancers who seem to be choreographed by ballerina who works on bad SNL sketches. Throw in the optical illusion filed white set with splashes of prime colors and you have a pretty awesome little video.

No comments:

Post a Comment